Wednesday, October 24, 2012

8th Grade Ceramics- "Piggy" Banks

I decided to switch things up with my 8th grade ceramics class this 6 weeks. We decided to give piggy banks a shot. The kids have had a lot of fun making these. 
To make them, start with 2 similar sized balls of clay and make 2 pinch pots. Attach the 2 pinch pots together. Next, add the facial features, a head if desired, and any other important objects to give the "piggy" bank life and character. To add legs, we rolled some fat coils and scored and slipped them to the bottom. Finally, we cut out the coin slot and a hole for the cork (make sure the cork is big enough for a coin to fit through. 
Here are the projects in progress. I can't wait to fire them and get them glazed!






12/19/12
Here are a few more in progress piggy banks from this 6 weeks:





1 comment:

  1. Awww These are so Cute I'm going to have to try them with My 8th grade advanced art class

    ReplyDelete